Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New school year ...

Well, it's official. It's a new schoolyear.

Yesterday, August 23rd 2005, there was a "Pertemuan Awal Tahun Akademik 2005/2006" at Aula Barat. Our university president, Prof. Djoko Santoso, gave a presentation on ITB's direction to become a research(-based?) university. Some criteria and targets were shown. I didn't stay around for the presentation because I had class to teach at 9:00 AM.

I am a bit skeptical with this. I have written bits and pieces on managing research in my various blogs. In short, we still have to learn on how to manage research (and research centers). Unfortunately, not many (nobody) listened to me. Oh well.

Anyway, see you all in campus.

1 Comments:

Blogger AQSHA said...

Ya, that must be silly. Every time we face the reality about our Research, and its like something that we cant sell or cant make an improvement on science. Most of all research in ITB just like repeating something in the past. it should be manged and published.

I saw many student in undergraduate just doing the research just to graduate from ITB, and the graduated student did just to get their degree for their job, there is no spirit of knwledge on that.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home